Yard Waste can be collected curbside with an EverGreen ZeroWaste residential compost service subscription or taken to special collection points. We accept grass clippings, garden cuttings, weeds, leaves, sticks, twigs and brush.
To participate in curbside yard waste collections, please follow these rules:
- Residential “farmer” subscriptions utilize a 95-gallon EverGreen ZeroWaste curbside compost cart for all food and yard waste. Just like commercial carts and dumpsters, you can put materials in loose or in compostable bags. Each additional paper yard waste bag set alongside the cart will incur a $3 charge.
- Residential “earthworm” subscriptions allow one 30-gallon paper yard waste bag per week alongside the food waste bucket. These are available through us, on-line or at local hardware stores. The bag and its contents must weigh less than 30 pounds. The entire bag will be put into the truck and composted. Each additional bag will incur a $3 charge.
- We encourage use of double-ply, 30-gallon, paper yard waste bags, but if you prefer a reusable bin it needs to be approved by our drivers. It must be rigid plastic, less than 30-gallons and labeled with EGZW stickers. When full, it must weigh less than 30 pounds.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS! We cannot collect loose piles, or empty materials from plastic bags, wheel barrows or wagons.
- Sticks must be less than 3 feet in length and less than 2 inches in diameter. These can be placed in our cart, in a paper bag or bundled with natural twine.
- Food waste must be secure in our animal-resistant carts or buckets. Overflow cannot be added to yard waste bins or bags.
- We can collect very small amounts of sod and soil; NO ROCKS PLEASE.
- We cannot accept dog or cat waste for composting.
- We cannot accept trees or large branches as these need to be mulched first.
- Please remove all plastic and metal components from house plants, bouquets and wreaths.
Thank you for your considerate participation!
While we offer free compost give-backs multiple times per year, you can also visit Pitkin County Solid Waste Center or the South Canyon Landfill to get finished compost back at an affordable price any time of year.